Right Above-Knee Amputee
Amputee Since 2015
Amputation Cause: Cancer
- I am currently enrolled at the University of Connecticut and am working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Development.
- For work, I tutor middle and high school students in math, science, and Spanish.
- I will soon begin volunteering for Yale New Haven Hospital’s bone sarcoma department as a peer mentor for new amputees.
- I am a single mom of a 5-year-old boy named Jason.
- I have been an amputee for one year and am still learning how to walk unassisted.
- Before my Ewing’s Sarcoma cancer diagnosis, I was a full-time college student and I worked full-time in social services, working with at-risk and in-crisis teens.
I have been in remission for 7 months and have accomplished a lot since entering remission. Having the Infinite Socket has been a blessing, because I have had so many orthopaedic issues with my residual limb and its open design, along with easy adjustments, have made getting back on my feet quicker and easier.