What we call “digital fitting” is not what the industry calls digital fitting. If fact they don’t say digital fitting they typically would categorize this under CAD/CAM which would be a CAD (Computer aided design) modification and CAM (computer aided manufacturing). That concept has been done before only the CAD and the CAM typically used is way different; they would digitally modify then carve a shape and then use traditional fabrication to make a socket. We use CAD/CAM in the following way that has never been done before:
1. We collect user measurements, images, and/or an impression from the ordering practitioner via our online ordering process. (this type of ordering has been done before only we are doing it in our own branded way)
2. We digitally modify the mold per patient needs and the order (not a new step – been done before).
3. We “digitally fit” our dynamic modular socket components to the modified mold using a proprietary algorithm and software (this is a new process – never been done)
4. We utilize a proprietary and renewable manufacturing technique to custom-mold our socket to the user’s needs and clinician order then ship the socket for fitting and adjustments.
5. The finished Infinite Socket offers adjustable that no other socket has which allows the socket fit to be fine-tuned for maximal comfort and optimized function.
…LIM Innovations is offering a unique and revolutionary path to getting amputees fit with comfortable and adjustable prosthetic socket interfaces. They first collect measurements, images, and/or an impression from the ordering practitioner via their streamlined online ordering process. LIM then digitally fits their dynamic modular socket components to the modified mold using a new and proprietary algorithm and software. LIM can then utilize their proprietary and renewable manufacturing technique to custom-mold the Infinite Socket to the user’s needs and clinician order. The finished Infinite Socket offers adjustability that no other socket has which allows the socket fit to be fine-tuned for maximal comfort and optimized function. ….
We have fit five users with Infinite Sockets using the latest LIM Capture methods.
a paradigm shift
dynamic modular socket
dynamic modular socket components
new and proprietary algorithm and software
proprietary and renewable manufacturing technique
prosthetic socket interface
measurements and images or an impression
streamlined online ordering process
Here at LIM Innovations we pride ourselves on the diversity of our team. We have a fantastic group of engineers, designers, machinists, clinicians, and amputees with relevant experience in the field. With such a diverse group working behind the scenes, we invite you to join one of our staff members each week for an in-depth look at what they bring to table. It is our goal to provide our loyal readers a behind-the-scenes look at LIM Innovations. Garrett Hurley, Co-Founder and Chief Innovations Officer, picked up the pen this week to introduce the latest addition to our manufacturing process “LIM Capture”.