Left Below-Knee Amputee
Amputee Since 2004
Amputation cause: Car Accident
- I did a cross country bicycle ride in the winter of 2011/2012: 6,500 miles over five months
- I teach sailing to kids, adults, and people with disabilities on San Francisco Bay
- I am currently sailing the east coast of the USA on a 140 foot sailboat, visiting over 100 sailing organizations
- I once won an ice cream eating contest by eating a pint of red licorice ice cream without my hands in 13 seconds
- I am training to sail in the Paralympics
My favorite feature of the Infinite TT is the day-to-day and week-to-week adjustability. Depending on how active I am during different times of the year, I can make socket tighter or looser for maximum comfort. Plus it looks really cool! I hope to improve the socket for fellow amputees through testing and educate them on how to use it to the best of their abilities.
I am currently training to sail in the Paralympics. I also work within the amputee community to as a sailing instructor through a the Bay Area Association of Disabled Sailors. I help coordinate national efforts to get disable folks sailing.